Freedom of information
We value freedom and freedom of information more than anything.
We aim at protecting people and privacy and are concerned by the way government, corporation and people can attempt to infringe our privacy or alter our freedom.
This is why we support, as Titanium member, the EFF and encourage you to donate to this independently ran association.
Ethics is not a marketing concept. This is a behavioral and moral statement. Our ethics is based on the Computer Ethics Institute, 1992 commandment:
- Thou shalt not use a computer to harm other people.
- Thou shalt not interfere with other people's computer work.
- Thou shalt not snoop around in other people's computer files.
- Thou shalt not use a computer to steal.
- Thou shalt not use a computer to bear false witness.
- Thou shalt not use other people's computer resources without authorization or proper compensation.
- Thou shalt not appropriate other people's intellectual output.
- Thou shalt think about the social consequences of the program you are writing or the system you are designing.
- Thou shalt always use a computer in ways that ensure consideration and respect for your fellow humans.